Maths Map Trail 2014
Using a trundle wheel and Scoilnet Maps, complete the following questions:
- How many times would our classroom fit inside our football pitch?
- How many times would our pitch fit inside the pitch at the Aviva Stadium?
- Which is the shortest route to Claremorris – via Kiltimagh or via Balla?
- Which local school is nearest to us by road? Kiltimagh, Balla or Facefield?
- How many times would our school building fit inside Woodies, Castlebar?
- If you were to complete 10 laps of the school building and then travel that same distance from the school towards Kiltimagh, where would you reach?
- As the crow flies, how far is it from Craggagh NS to the Spire on O’Connell St?
- How high above sea level is Knock Airport?
- As the crow flies, how far is it from our school to the Giant’s Causeway?
- How much higher than Sliabh Cairn is Croagh Patrick?
- Where is our nearest deciduous forest/woodland?