For this Maths Trail, you will need the following:
- Trundle wheel
- Measuring tape/ruler/metre stick
- Pencil & paper
You will need to access the following websites:
- Ordinance Survey Ireland (compatible with iOS)
- Scoilnet Maps (including distance measuring tools – not compatible with iOS)
- Mountain Views (data on our local mountain Sliabh Cairn)
Your task – complete this trail
- How high is the highest point on Sliabh Cairn? (call this answer “X”)
- If you travelled that same distance (Xm) from the school along the road to Kiltimagh, where would you reach?
- How many laps of the school building are equal to X?
- If all the children in 5th an 6th class lay on the ground in a straight line, how long would that line be? (call this answer “Y”)
- How much longer than Y is X
- Express Y as a fraction of X
- Express Y as a percentage of X